Thursday 31 August 2017

The Science Roadshow

On the 30 August our class room 12 and room 16 went to a Science Roadshow. When we got there, there was a show. They asked for a volunteer and Hamish got picked. He had to put some safety gear on, then the presenter brought out some slime, but it wasn't actually slime, it was oobleck. When he shook it over Hamish's head it didn’t come out, and when the presenter punched it, it was hard but when he picked it up it ran through his hand. Is it a liquid or solid?

The presenter asked for another volunteer and Olivia got picked. She had to to put on safety gear. Then she had to pour some type of powder into another type of blue liquid it look like dishwashing liquid. When Olivia poured the powder into the blue liquid it foamed up a lot, they called this elephant toothpaste but it's not actually elephant toothpaste it’s just called that.     

After the show finished we got to do our own thing. First I went to the hovercraft, the way it worked was there was a type of a small air mattress and a blow dryer filled it up and they span you around. What do you think the science was here?

There were lots of different science experiments that you could check out out and look at. Our favourite one was the bowling ball one were a ping pong ball sat at the bottom of a massive funnel, and then you pushed a bowling with a stick in it and pushed it down then the ping pong ball flew in the air. What do you think the science was here?

22 comments:

  1. Great post Alot of information and you explained the science well.
    I got annoyed because I never got a turn on the hovercraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post you guys and the place was really fun to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog post Olivia and Maddy, love the way you explained some of the activates that we did and the cool experiments that the presenters did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you write your Questions in bold and put in question marks in the write place.My favorite science project was the sim tray line with the duck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the science road show and i really like your description of what happened during the science road show but i though it was a bit childish but then it was targeted at 9 year old kid s so i can't fault it for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the science rood show and I liked how you described it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. REKO:I was there to it was really fun
    __ __
    | | I
    wish we could do it again ___

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Blog post Olivia and Maddy, love the way you explained some of the activates that we did and the cool experiments that the presenters did. I think that you could add the winners of the card thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think it is very good and you adding question is a good think .

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a good experience and I learnt a lot about science and the combinations that erupts,My favorite thing was the hovercraft because the instructors were pulling us around and that's why it made it fun. The show was the best show that I have been to because it showed you how liquid go's to gas and two different combinations that erupts into cool colorful dish washing liquid bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you asked questions and how you described what we did. I also really like the video you put in. I think the video is really cool. I think Maddy and Olivia did a great job on the class blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job Olivia and Maddy i think you done good on your spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done Maddy and Olivia you did a great job i like how you described everything

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job Olivia and Maddy. I liked the elephant toothpaste and my favorite experiment was the metal detector. The oobleck was both a liquid and a solid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like how you ask the question at the end of your blog. MY favorite thing at the roadshow was when a big and small ball went down a ramp the big ball went to side because the magnetic pulled it. but the small ball went straight down i not sure why but i no its to do with mass.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice job Olivia and Maddy. I liked the elephant toothpaste and my favourite experiment was the metal detector, that was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done I really liked how you put in questions in at the end of each paragraph, but I think you should of put what bit of the Science Road Show you liked and what you did not.

    ReplyDelete
  18. QA the ooblick is a liquid and a solid.

    QB I think the air makes it hover

    QC I Think the science here is the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how you added some questions OMK. Hamish

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like how you guys put in some questions for the class. And I also like that you put in the people who participated in the in it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. QA The ooblick is a solid and a liquid.
    QB I think the science in the second paragraph, is the air in the mattress at the bottom hover craft.
    QC I think its the presser of the bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the show because there was a lot of things that i didn't know about.Also there was instruction to do the science project and the things they used.

    ReplyDelete